RGV Health Information Exchange
In a continuing effort to provide you access to quality health care, Harlingen Medical Center is proud to announce that it will be participating in the Rio Grande Valley Health Information Exchange (RGV HIE), which is a nonprofit, community health information exchange that facilitates the electronic exchange of patient information with physicians, hospitals, labs, pharmacies, and other providers. Patients may choose not to have any of their information shared through the RGV HIE by signing an Opt-Out Form.
By having access to all patient data, healthcare providers can reduce the time and expense associated with duplicate tests and the effort spent locating missing patient information such as referrals, consults, radiology and lab results, and other orders. It provides the capability to electronically access clinical information across disparate healthcare information systems while maintaining the meaning of the information being exchanged. HIE is part of an evolving strategy on the national, state, regional, and local levels.
When clinical records are available at the point of care, patients receive more accurate and timely service. Benefits include:
- Improved patient safety
- Reduce the chance of medical error
- Better workflow efficiency and lower administrative costs
- Enhanced communication between hospitals, laboratories, pharmacies, and physicians
- Easier access and retrieval of clinical data
- Records come to you directly from the original source where they are stored
- Providers can make the right decision at the right time
- Improved audit trails and chain of custody
- Local control
- Reduced duplicate testing
Click here to learn more information.